Romeo and Juliet
We just finished the play Romeo and Juliet by Shakespeare. I thought it was a very good play but the words and how it was set up was very challenging to understand at first. For example when they used the word thy, thou, tis, etc. After we started really getting into the play though, I started to pick up on what they were saying a lot easier.
In the beginning of the story romeo was very depressed because he was in love with this girl but she wasn't in love with him back because she was a nun. Soon though Juliet came along and Romeo fell deeply in love with her and she fell deeply in love with him. This was a problem though because Romeo is a Montague and Juliet is a Capulet and these two families hated each other. During the end of the play Tybalt (Juliet's cousin) got into it with Mercurtio (Romeo's cousin) and Tybalt ended up killing him. This infuriated Romeo and he ended up killing Tybalt and he was forced to leave town by the Prince. When Juliet found out he left, she drank a sleeping potion to pretend to be dead to loer Romeo back into town. When Romeo found out she was "dead" he drank a poison potion and it killed him. When Juliet found out he was dead, she stabbed her self dead.
I think this is a Tragedy play. I think this because for one, Romeo and Juliet both died and never reunited with each other. Also the families didn't like each other so they couldn't be together. Also many of Romeo and Juliet's family members were killed because of their rivalry.
In the beginning of the story romeo was very depressed because he was in love with this girl but she wasn't in love with him back because she was a nun. Soon though Juliet came along and Romeo fell deeply in love with her and she fell deeply in love with him. This was a problem though because Romeo is a Montague and Juliet is a Capulet and these two families hated each other. During the end of the play Tybalt (Juliet's cousin) got into it with Mercurtio (Romeo's cousin) and Tybalt ended up killing him. This infuriated Romeo and he ended up killing Tybalt and he was forced to leave town by the Prince. When Juliet found out he left, she drank a sleeping potion to pretend to be dead to loer Romeo back into town. When Romeo found out she was "dead" he drank a poison potion and it killed him. When Juliet found out he was dead, she stabbed her self dead.
I think this is a Tragedy play. I think this because for one, Romeo and Juliet both died and never reunited with each other. Also the families didn't like each other so they couldn't be together. Also many of Romeo and Juliet's family members were killed because of their rivalry.

I haven't read Romeo and Juilet yet but I can see why the language might be hard to understand becuase we are not used to that type of words in our novels nowadays. This play is a Tragedy and I am looking forward to reading this later in the year
ReplyDelete