Monday, September 23, 2013

The Fault in Our Stars

The book I have recently read is The Fault in Our Stars. It is about a girl named Hazel Grace who is diagnosed with lung cancer and she goes to this meeting group for other people who were diagnosed with some type of cancer and while she was there she met a guy named Augustus Waters and they are now started to create a bonding relaitionship. I predict that they are really going to click throughout the book. I think this because the fact that Augustus has bone cancer and Hazel has lung cancer, thats a thing they have in common plus their high knowledge so these things they share I think will bring them together. Questions that I have for now is will there be more to Augustus and Hazel in the future? Will they become more than friends? What are Augustus's thoughts on Hazel?

A few text to self connections I have with this book is Augustus's parents seem to be taking his bone cancer hard since he was recently diagnosed with it. I can relate to their pain because a couple years ago my grandma was diagnosed with breast cancer and it was hard for me to get used to. Another text to self connection I have is Hazel feels like she can't do anything because she has cancer in the beginning of the book and i felt like that in a situation similar to that. A text to world connection I have is this book there are multiple teens with cancer and in our world there are thousands or maybe more with cancer as well. Another connection I have is one of the teens girlfriends still loves him even though he has cancer. Well in our world, we have to learn to love each other not by our looks, but for who we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment