Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Bad Boy

The theme of Bad Boy is to not let manipulation continue once it’s been diagnosed, because if you do things will continue to get worse.   I think this is the theme because in the book Percy started to become very bossy and Kate thought he would stop.  For example in the book it says ‘“Wow, sweetheart, you look really good… but why didn’t you fix your hair?”’ ‘”Yeah I know,”’ I stuttered, ‘”but you didn’t give me enough time to get ready.”’ ‘”Oh so it’s my fault?”’ Percy asked with raised eyebrows. ‘”No, no, I’m not saying that-“’ ‘”Forget it,”’ interrupted Percy.  This shows how Percy was playing mind games with Kate and making her lose herself of steam.  If Kate doesn’t stop these mind games things will get worse for her. Also the manipulation level will start to increase rapidly in their relationship if Kate doesn’t put an end to it.

Kate in the beginning of the book was very complex and independent, but when she started dating Percy her independence and individuality started to fade away. For example it said “We drove to Brooklyn heights, the ritzy part of Brooklyn. When I got out of the car, Percy looked me up and down. ‘Oh snap, you look like a pumpkin all dressed in orange’ he said, chuckling, ‘but at least your hair looks decent this time.”’ This shows how Percy is slowly starting to take away Kate’s confidence by a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment